Spring is near! If you’d like to create bunny-size love notes for that special little somebunny in your life, I’ve linked a download for you to enjoy. A blank mini card, envelope and liner can be cut out by hand and assembled using my printable pdf, and I’ve also included a png print and cut file, compatible with most cutting machine software, to help make the cutting easy-peasy. Grab your pinking shears to create the stamps from fabric and save those teeny scraps for the bunny aprons! The fabric I used here is called Bunnies and Cream by Lauren Nash. It’s too sweet!
I hope the cards bring some extra joy to you this spring. Download the pdf to print and cut by hand here. Download the png print and cut file for your cutting machine here. See below for instructions on how to print and cut the png file with the Silhouette Cameo.
Much love, Elea
Instructions for cutting with Silhouette Studio Software (with or without the Designer Edition)
- Download the PNG card art file. Open Silhouette Studio software and import the file into your library by going to File > Import to My Library.
- Go to your library and select the PNG card file and open it. Your page size should be set to 8.5 x 11.” Adjustments can be made by opening the Design Page Settings.
- Add registration marks to your file by opening the Registration Mark Window, and selecting the correct Style in settings. Rearrange card art, if necessary, to ensure it does not interfere with the registration marks.
- Send the file to your printer via Silhouette’s “Send to Printer” button.
- Once printed, load your 8.5 x 11″ printed card art (with the registration marks) into your Silhouette Cameo using the “Load cut mat” option with your print aligned to the left, top of the Silhouette mat.
- Open your Trace Settings and follow these instructions for tracing the outer edges of the card, liner and envelope. Do not move the art from it’s print position.
- Once the outer edges of the objects are traced, click your Cut Settings and selecting > Cut Edge. A red outline will show around the objects. This will be your cut lines.
- Select >Plain Cardstock as material type (or to the material type you printed on) from the Cut Settings and adjust your cutting blade to the recommended settings.
- At the bottom of the Cut Settings page, press > “Send to Silhouette” button
- When Silhouette is finished, unload the mat and your project is cut and ready to assemble.
*Note: To create a fabric envelope liner, use the paper liner template to trace and cut a fabric liner. Option: Press a paper backed fusible to the backside of the liner fabric, then trace around the template with a pencil on the paper side. Cut out the fabric liner along the trace lines (the fusible helps keep the edges from fraying).