I’ve been smitten with the lovely new book, Pretty Handmades, by the talented, Lauren Wright. Not only is the book gorgeous, from cover to cover, with watercolor elements throughout the pages and charming illustrations, but the darling projects inside are wonderful to make for small gifts and special occasions (heck, anytime really!) … and all the charm and sweet has my heart melting! There are so many things in here I’m excited to make and are perfect for both big and little girls. Today, I’ll be sharing the first project I’ve created on my stop on Lauren’s book tour today.
I decided to try my hand at a sweet little felt kitten doll from the book. I’ve got a soft spot for little dolls and a kitten doll … well that’s icing on the cake. The project is called the Lullaby Kitty Felt Doll and it’s a darling size (finishing at about 7 1/2″ tall). And she comes with a sweet little slip on dress to make, too.
And as much as loved stitching the hand embroidered details, I decided to give Miss Kitty (yep, I named her … do you name your handmade dolls too?) a pair of her own Falsies to add a little something different for her eyes. What do you think? She is such a cute pattern and project – made my heart happy playing and making her!
I know a special someone that’s been feeling a little down with some health issues. Miss Kitty will be a little surprise gift for her. I was thinking of adding a cheeky little saying to the gift tag. Hmmmm …. maybe something cheesy like, “I hope this little surprise brings you some joy right Meow.” Haha … any better ideas?
And of course Miss Kitty needed a kitten themed dress. This fabric is from my first fabric line, Milk, Sugar & Flower. I love this simple sweet dress pattern Lauren created with this project. The little bow ties add an extra bit of sweet. Many precious details in Pretty Handmades!
I hope Miss Kitty brightened your day a bit. She was sure fun to make!
You’ll also want to follow along the tour and see all the darling projects shared! And sweet bonus: At the end of the tour, Lauren Wright is hosting a giveaway of a signed copy of her book! You won’t want to miss it.
The stops on the tour each day:
- 1 Sept 2017- Lauren Wright www.mollyandmama.com.au @mollyandmama
- 2 Sept 2017- Jemima Flendt www.blog.tiedwitharibbon.com @tiedwitharibbon
- 3 Sept 2017- Sharon Burgess www.lilabellelanecreations.com @lilabellelane
- 4 Sept 2017- Lauren Nash www.transientart.com @transientart
- 5 Sept 2017- Sarah Edgar www.alittlehappyplace.blogspot.co.uk@sarahedgarprettyfabrics
- 6 Sept 2017- Ange Hamilton www.alittlepatchwork.wordpress.com@alittlepatchwork
- 7 Sept 2017- Elea Lutz www.elealutzdesign.com @elealutz
- 8 Sept 2017- Sarah Scott www.piccolostudio.com.au @piccolostudio_sarah
- 9 Sept 2017- Martina Bahre www.avaandneve.com.au @ava_and_neve
- 10 Sept 2017- Heather Andrus www.quiltstory.blogspot.com @quiltstory
- 11 Sept 2017- Faith Essenburg www.saranaave.wordpress.com@faithessenburg
- 12 Sept 2017- Alisha Orlando www.ministryoffabric.com.au @ministryoffabric
- 13 Sept 2017- Bev McCullough www.flamingotoes.com @flamingotoes
- 14 Sept 2017- Stacy Olson www.stacyolsondesign.com @stacyolsondesign
- 15 Sept 2017- Ali Phillips www.arabesque-scissors.com @arabesquescissors
- 16 Sept 2017- Mollie Johanson www.wildolive.blogspot.com @molliejohanson
- 17 Sept 2017- Kristyne Czepuryk www.prettybyhand.com @prettybyhand
- 18 Sept 2017- Xanthe Grundy www.wife-made.com @wifemade
- 19 Sept 2017- Anne Oliver www.lolliandgrace.com @lolliandgrace
- 20 Sept 2017- Larisa Shurupov www.stitchingnotes.com @stitchingnotes
- 21 Sept 2017- Sedef Imer www.downgrapevinelane.com @downgrapevinelane
- 22 Sept 2017- Wynn Tan www.zakkaArt.blogspot.com @zakkaArt
- 23 Sept 2017- Veronica AM www.VividFelicity.wordpress.com @vividfelicity
- 24 Sept 2017- Minki Kim www.minkikim.com @zeriano
- 25 Sept 2017- Elise Baek www.eliseandemelie.com @eliseandemelie
- 26 Sept 2017- Megan Price www.dollyhenry.com.au @dollyhenryau
- 27 Sept 2017- Nadra Ridgeway www.ellisandhiggs.com @ellisandhiggs
- 28 Sept 2017- Ayda Algin www.cafenohut.com @cafenohut
- 29 Sept 2017- Jodi Godfrey www.talesofcloth.com @talesofcloth
- 30 Sept 2017- Lauren Wright www.mollyandmama.com.au @mollyandmama
Thank you so much for stopping by! And big congratulations, Lauren, on such a darling book!